Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Desk Crit Received: # 3

From Donna Washington
Date: 2/12/08

Daisy,

I wanted to send you this deskcrit of your Prepare Your Meal project after using in during our Studio Dress Rehearsal. I thought your idea for the activity is definitely delightful, which I believe is one of the requirements for the Blue Sock award. I liked how you provide information regarding the food choices and then give the opportunity for the learner to choose based on comparing and contrast. I also thought how you provide immediate feedback for the learner is important. The user knows immediately if their meal choice is appropriate for the purpose of the activity.

I do have a couple suggestions that you may consider. The first is possibly having a place dedicated to place written step by step directions for the learner. You may remember I had to restart and choose my meal again because I didn't realize I needed to click submit ( I believe that was the name of the button). That would make the activity a little more learner directed, but I'm pretty sure you had that covered already. The only other suggestion I would make is to perhaps have a little content prior to the activity on how one goes about choosing a healthy meal. Maybe some dietary suggestions on the amount of carbs, fats, or sugar a food should contain. It's just a thought, so use what you can and discard the rest.

All in all I enjoyed what you have developed. I believe it's an activity we all could benefit from.

Thanks for the opportunity.
Donna W.

No comments: