Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Desk Crit I

Date: Wed 19 Mar 20:23:51 EDT 2008
From: Daisyane Barreto Add To Address Book | This is Spam
Subject: Desk Crit
To: iyhou@uga.edu


Hi I-Yung,

I really like your project idea. I think developing a simulation game can help a lot of people, especially those that don’t know much about photography concepts. Since I wasn’t able to discuss with you about your project, I read you reflection journals and seems to me that you are in the right path with you project. I would love to discuss more with you about your project and how you are planning to develop. I’m also planning to develop a game, but I’m facing a lot of problems with the programming :P!!

I have some suggestions/ comments to you project:

1) You mentioned that you will develop simulations for each composition. Would it be better to have small activities (kind of drill and practice or so) for each composition and then have a simulation game that combines all the compositions? I think that way it would be more interesting and realistic for the player.
2) I don’t know how complicated to develop this might be (I think it might be too much), but what if you could have a scene in which the player need to take a snapshot. In order to do this, s/he would control a simulated camera. In this simulated camera, they could adjust the lens, focus, light, flash, etc in the camera. You wouldn’t need to have all these elements, but especially those that would influence the compositions.
3) I was looking through some websites and I found this report on a game about taking snapshot of birds. I don’t know if this would interest you or not, anyway, here is the link of the website:
http://www.letsgodigital.org/en/14122/bird-photography/
I hope this desk crit can be helpful.

See you tomorrow in class ;)

Daisy

No comments: